Salman Khan’s most-awaited release of 2017 ‘Tubelight’ has take India by storm. Kabir Khan’s dramatic rendition of the Indo-China war where a man-child loses his brother and is in search of him. Here are 6 of the most interesting facts about ‘Tubelight’ starring Salman Khan, Sohail Khan, Late Om Puri, Shah Rukh Khan, Zhu Zhu and Matin Rey Tangu.
- The basic premise of Tubelight is inspired from Hollywood film ‘A Little Boy‘ which narrated a little boy’s journey to stop the on-going war between two countries and find his father who is missing from the war site.
- If you are a die-hard Salman Khan fan then this may not be the most pleasant fact you’re reading.Tubelight is Salman Khan’s shortest duration film ever. The film’s runtime is 136.01 minutes. Sorry Salman Fans!
- Tubelight is late actor Om Puri’s last project. The actor died in January this year and since then two of his films – The Ghazi Attack and Viceroy’s House – have released. Tubelight is sadly the last time we’ll watch Om Puri on the big screen. Keep those tissues handy.
- The sets ofTubelight was a reunion platform of sorts. First, Kabir Khan and Salman Khan (after Ek Tha Tiger and Bajrangi Bhaijaan), then Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan and lastly, Salman and his brother Sohail, who are acting together in a film after eight years – after Main Aurr Mrs Khanna.
- Everyone knows that Shah Rukh Khan has a cameo inTubelight but you probably didn’t know that his name in the film is Goga Pasha. But here’s the more interesting fact – Shah Rukh Khan will be seen in a cameo in a Salman Khan film after 17 years. SRK appeared in one scene in Salman Khan’s Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega (2000).
- As per reports, the iconic slingshot scene in ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’ will be recreated in ‘Tubelight’. Let’s call it evolution; Madhuri has been replaced by Matin now! It was almost coincidental that such a scene be recreated in ‘Tubelight’.
Courtesy: Google Images