Working out in the morning can be a struggle. We all know it’s good for us but waking up in this heat and leaving that bed and cool AC air can be hard. So here are some of our best tips to make that morning workouts more interesting.
- Keep it short– Try getting up early and doing exercises for 15 minutes. Even 15 minutes exercises help you throughout the day. It helps you get out of the bed in the morning and get going.
- Treat yourself– Promise yourself a really tasty breakfast when you are done with the workout routine. Allow to snooze the alarms on weekends.
- Workouts at home– If the gym is too far from home avoid going there. Instead, go for a run or walk around your house, or go through some warm ups or workout regimes on internet at home and follow them. Waking up early is hard enough for us and then travelling to go to gym is just a no no.
- Set everything up a night before– Lay your clothes a night before get your running shoes ready and your bottle of water. Ideally it should take 5 to 10 minutes for you to get ready and start working out.
- Start with the exercises you like– Warming up is essential and warm ups are not hard. Do the exercises you like. Whether it is a yoga session, bike ride, pilates anything you appreciate that does not make the alarm sound dreadful and helps you stick to the workout.
- Do what you have to do to get up early– Set your alarm far away from the bed so that you have to get up from your bed to switch it off which is good instead of snoozing the alarm. First thing to do before you get up is open your curtains so that the light wakes you up. Do whatever helps you wake up early morning.
- Take the help of social media– If you are an active social person then you can start a story on social media like snap chat or instagram and post photos of you working out or going to new places each day for jogging or from gym, this will encourage you to get up every day and workout, just to post pictures. Anything that makes you get up and workout you know.