What is the best way to show your wife you love her? There are lots of ways to make a woman happy, but at the end of the day, we just want to feel like we’re something special. Here are 5 ways to show your wife you truly love her:
- Plan a mini-honeymoon, where the two of you can spend quality time together. Perhaps a long-haul honeymoon doesn’t line up with your schedule or budget, but trust me, following a whirlwind celebration with friends and family you’ll be craving time á deux. These abbreviated trips can be just as intimate and just as exciting as other more elaborate romantic getaways.
- Go out of the way to make her feel so comfortable when she’s going through “that time of the month”. Realize what a woman goes through during her period. Make her feel good about herself. Give her compliments. Say things that will make her feel just as beautiful and intelligent when she’s on her period as you find her the rest of the time. This will help boost her confidence, if she needs it, and may help a little with her mood swings. Help her out with things. Comfort her. Make her feel loved and appreciated.
- Be the “cook of the house” every Sunday. This is as simple as it sounds. Sunday is the only day in the week when the whole family is home. How about cooking for the family every Sunday. If you cannot cook or don’t know how to cook, the best you can do is help her cook. This will make her feel very special and cooking together one of the few intimate things couples can do outside of the bed.
- You dated your wife before marriage, and fell in love. Date her now to STAY in love. When you first dated your wife, you probably took her out somewhere every weekend. It may have been the Taco Bell, but you at least you made sure to spend an evening out with her. When was the last time you actually went on a date with your wife? Establish a date night with your wife and treat this time with her as sacred. When you plan your week, block out an hour each week during which you’ll be taking your wife out. If a meeting comes up, reschedule the meeting. If you have kids, find a babysitter. If you can’t afford a babysitter, find another young couple with kids and offer to trade babysitting services. They take your kids while you and your wife go out and you take theirs when they go out. Your date night doesn’t have to be fancy. A date night that my wife and I both enjoy is eating pancakes at IHOP followed by browsing magazines at Borders. Even a trip to the ice cream store can be a great date night. The idea is to just get out of the house and spend time together.
- Make a list of things you love about her. Write them on sticky notes, and hide them all over the house so she’ll continue finding them throughout the week. You could also put notes in her lunch. Or have a bulletin board hung up in your bedroom where you and your wife write the things you’ll love about each other and pin them up. One for each day.