Krishna Janmashtami will be celebrated in Indian on September 5. The festival is celebrated on the eight day of the Krishna Paksha of the month of Shravan in the Hindu calendar. Dahi Handi is a highlight, a human pyramid formation play recreates Lord Krishna’s playful and mischievous childhood is celebrated the next day of the festival. The festival is celebrated by Hindus by fasting and staying awake till midnight when Lord Krishna is believed to be born. Devotees gather at that time and offer devotional songs and dances to the Lord. Poojas are also held in temples to please Lord Krishna.
The festival is celebrated across the country every year. Devotees also recite Lord Vishnu’s Sanskrit mantras on this. Many also chant ’Vishnu Sahasranamam’, Krishna Stotra and other slokas of the Lord. Some temples also conduct readings of Bhagavad Gita, a Hindu religious post which has the teachings of Lord Krishna. Gita contains 700 Shlokas which are sanskrit verses. Gita is the teachings given by Lord Krishna to Arjuna during Kurukshetra war between the Pandavas and Kauravas.
The Gita is set in a narrative framework of a dialogue between Pandava prince Arjuna and his guide and charioteer Krishna.
On the birthday of Lord Krishna we share you 11 important teachings from Bhagwad Gita
1. Abandon all attachment to the results of action and attain supreme peace.
2. The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind
3. As a human being puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts
new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones
4. The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind
5. No one should abandon duties because he sees defects in them. Every action, every activity, is surrounded by defects as a fire is surrounded by smoke.
6. Do everything you have to do, but not with greed, not with ego, not with lust, not with envy but with love, compassion, humility and devotion.
7. Intelligence refers to the power to analyze things in their proper perspective, and knowledge refers to understanding what is spirit and what is matter.
8. Among all kinds of killers, time is the ultimate because time kills everything.
9. Happiness derived from a combination of the senses and the sense objects is always a cause of distress and should be avoided by all means.
10. Ignorance is the cause of sinful life, and sinful life is the cause of one’s dragging on in material existence
11. One has to learn tolerance in the face of dualities such as happiness and distress, or cold and warmth, and by tolerating such dualities become free from anxieties regarding gain and loss.