- Wash your face before going to bed– Just like you brush your teeth twice; you have to wash your face at least twice a day. Washing your face before going to bed to remove makeup and the whole day’s dust is essential to avoid acne.
- Exfoliate– It is very important to remove the layer of dead skin on your face before you treat your acne. Hence exfoliate once a week.
- Drink water– Drinking 8 glasses of water per day is so much important for you’re internally and externally. To detoxify your skin further add lemon juice to your glass of water and drink it first thing in the morning to wake you up and remove all the toxic which eventually leads to acne on your skin.
- Eat nutritious food– Treat your acne not only from outside but, from inside too by keeping an eye on the things that goes inside your body. Ditch all the processed foods and junk food to get that healthy glow on your face. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
US News Health
- Face mask– Once or twice a week use masks which are specially made to treat acne. Any masks which contain AHA or alcohydrolic acids are good to treat acne.
- Change your pillow cases– All the dirt, bacteria and sweat gets accumulated on your pillow cases which you use daily, which even gets accumulated on your face creating acne on your face. Hence, change your pillow and your sheets every week.
- Clean your makeup brushes– If you apply makeup on a regular bases; it is advised that you keep your brushes clean by washing them with shampoo after every 2 or 3 times that they are used.
- Sanitize your phone– Your phone has the most bacteria’s, therefore cleaning it with a sanitizer spray or hand sanitizer is necessary.
- Vicks– Applying Vicks vapor rub on the acne before going to bed helps in reducing acne. But test it before leaving it on for the whole night for itchiness or redness.
- DIY skin care– Mix lemon and honey and apply on the acne for 20 minutes, then remove with a cotton pad. Similarly, you can use tea tree oil, raw papaya juice or grated potato juice mixed with cinnamon. Go natural.