What is an ingrown hair?
Ingrown hair means inward growth of hair. An ingrown hair also known as a razor bump is the one which does not grow straight out of the follicle opening. It curls inside the skin surface. Due to this, one can have a brown or reddish spot and can feel itchiness too. These spots don’t go easily. It mostly happens with people having curly hair or due to waxing, as the hair is not removed by the root and the tip of the hair sometimes grows inwardly creating a brown or blackish bump. These spot’s don’t go easily and sometimes it even causes infection. Hence, here are some of the ways you can treat ingrown hair.
- Do not irritate the area by repeated waxing
- Shave in d direction of the hair
- Use lotion or cream while shaving
- Wet your hair while shaving this way hair is removed easily avoiding the inward growth of hair.
- Exfoliating your skin helps remove ingrown hair.
And most importantly treat the ingrown hair in the beginning itself to avoid a black bump and to flaunt a spotless skin.