Most of us don’t realise JUST how important it is to maintain our daily intake of water so that our bodies can function effectively. There are many benefits of drinking water, be it beauty related benefits or to improve digestions.
Here’s how you can increase your water intake daily:
1) Add fruit slices to water bottles for a refreshing, naturally fruity taste. Lemon and lime wedges add a great citrus twist helping to make water more appealing. Plus, it’d look rad on Instagram.
2) Keep a diary of how much water is consumed per 24-hour period. By tracking the daily intake, it highlights how little you are drinking in comparison to the daily recommended amount.
3)Use your phone. Set a reminder on your phone or email account to encourage water intake throughout the day.
4) Swap morning cups of tea to hot water with freshly squeezed orange, rich in Vitamin C , giving you a tasty pick-me-up.
5) Encourage every member of the family to get involved. This would get you into the habit of drinking more water together
6) Add vibrant, colourful straws to water bottles. You’re likely to sip more when using a straw than just sipping water. And because colourful straws are fun.
7) Drink water before and after every meal, it’s a great way to increase water consumption as part of your daily routine.
8) Bring a bottle of water everywhere. Having a bottle of water in your handbag, car, back-pack and placed beside the bed can increase water consumption; it also enables you to keep a track of how much you’re drinking.
9) If you love fizzy drinks (who doesn’t?), try to gradually cut down by drinking water for half of all your drinks, then eventually one fizzy drink per day, and then one per week. Once you start cutting down, your taste buds will change and eventually you won’t need the same sweetness².
10) Add some sparkle to the day with sparkling water, which has all the same benefits, but a little more fizz.