Does that word ring a bell in your head? Of course it does. Well, there was a reason why your mother always forced you to include almonds in your regular diet and probably still does. Almonds can literally be termed as our best friends because they have so many amazing qualities hidden in them. Consuming almonds can help us throughout our lives with the charming benefits they come with.
Since everyone is ignorant to the brilliant qualities of almonds, we would like to enlighten you and increase your knowledge a bit today.
So, here are 5 reasons why almonds should definitely own a slot in your daily diet:
- Almonds are loaded with antioxidants: Here is a bowl of almonds and guess what? They’re super rich in antioxidants! Most of you know what antioxidants are but for those of you who are unaware of the benefits that come with antioxidants, you are really missing out on something. Antioxidants can basically rid you of stress, thus protecting your cells from oxidative damage which is a major contributor to diseases and well, ageing too.
2. Almonds can lower your blood sugar: All sorts of dry fruits are low in carbohydrates but high in protein and fibre which makes them the perfect snack for diabetics. Apart from this, almonds are also rich in magnesium which helps in controlling the blood sugar levels in your body. This leads to reduction in metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes, both of which pose dangerous health risks in the society today.
3. Almonds can help with your cholesterol: When levels of lipoproteins in our blood is higher than normal, risk of a heart disease starts lurking around. The intake of different foods has different effects on the body and this is where almonds come to our rescue. The intake of almonds can reduce the levels of lipoproteins in the blood stream by an average of 1.24mg, thus fighting off heart diseases and letting you live longer and healthier.
4. Almonds help you lose weight: Yes, you read it right. Almonds can be your saviour. As previously mentioned, they are low in carbs and rich in fibre and protein which is exactly what you should be consuming if you want to get rid of that extra flab. A lot of studies worldwide have revealed that nuts also cut down on hunger pangs, thus making you eat lesser than what you usually do. This obviously leads to consumption of less calories altogether and that’s the magical way to lose weight. Yes, you finally know the hidden formula.
5. Almonds are great for your brain: Almonds contain two nutrients called riboflavin and L-carnitine which are essential brain nutrients and are known to increase brain activity significantly. Remember how much people used to say, “eat almonds, it’s improves your memory”? It was and is, indeed, true. Almonds have also been connected to possessing higher intellectual levels.
So, these are just a few reasons out of the huge lot, why almonds are extremely beneficial for all of us. They take care of our weight, make our skin glow and also makes us smarter (well, this depends from person to person). Now that you know how much almonds can really change your life and make it better in almost every aspect, START EATING THEM NOW!
*runs to the dry fruits store*